Run or Be Caught [RoBC]

Page 76 of 78 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Run or Be Caught [RoBC]

Post  BrightDays on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:55 pm

Darby smiled and nodded. "May take awhile to wash the paint of Prince," she murmured, smiling at the twins. "Why don't you two go get the horse's the assigned to you?" she suggested. "But if you want, you can take a picture of Prince if you want to remember your work," she said chuckling.
--------
Daisy smiled happily, grabbing a lead rope from a hook nearby. Walking quickly to the pasture, she smiled at the bay mare. "Wonder!" she called, chuckling slightly. "Ready for a ride?" she asked, chuckling at Wonder's antics. Putting the halter and lead rope on, she led her into a cross ties, making sure the gate was locked behind her. Smiling, she put the mare into cross-ties and started grooming the mare, after finding the supplies.
-----
Wonder snorted, tossing her head. Following after Daisy, she nudge the girl, who laughed at the nudge.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:26 pm

"I will!" David almost volunteered, pulling out his phone. He lined it up real nice, thankful that it was light enough in the barn that his flash needn't go off, as he didn't know if it would spook Prince. Once he had gotten both sides, he then went off to go get S'more from her pasture. He had seen where Sam had taken her when they'd first arrived. He grabbed her halter and lead off the post, then opened the gate, latching it behind him. He then went out to go get her.

"Hey S'more! Wanna go for a ride?" He asked the young mare as he approached. Thankfully his dad had gone off to get Chilled when he'd left to go get her, so Mark didn't see the wet spot on the back of David's shirt. Unfortunately, Mark was already back in the barn with Chilled. He had the white stallion in cross ties, and was beginning to groom him. Sam was also bringing in Delirium, hooking him up to cross ties and beginning to groom him as well. He was still a bit skittish of her, but not enough that he didn't completely distrust her either.

Meanwhile, Death had been watching as Daisy had come in to get Wonder and had left. He had been just watching, especially as they exited. He was paying very close attention. Once they were out of sight, he ambled his way over to the gate, flicking his small tail as we went. He turned his head sideways to fit it through the fence right beside the gate, beginning to lip at and pull on the latch with his teeth. It took him a few tries, but he was eventually able to lift the latch up. This only furthered his intrigue; could he really open the gate? Surely he had to have been close... He had to try a little more! At first he tried pulling on the latch in his direction, but that did nothing-- the latch did not give way. So instead, he tried pushing it away from him in the opposite direction. To his delight, there was a satisfying click as the latch came free. Twisting his head and retracting it from being between the fence boards, he moved over to the gate, pushing on it with his nose. It budged a little, but there was resistance; the gate was heavy as it was metal, and it was designed in such a fashion that when opened, it would spring back into place so horses would be deterred from testing it, even if it wasn't latched. However, due to his natural pushy nature, this did not deter the young colt. He pushed against the gate until he was able to slip through. He was free--! Thundering hooves echoed behind him.

"Death! Get back here!" Emile snorted, approaching the gate. He was not happy. He knew the yearling would wreak havoc if allowed to run free. As he predicted, the colt took off, looking for trouble to get into. Emile pushed through the gate as well, taking off after his son. Death, upon seeing all the commotion in the barn, decided it was the perfect place to have some fun. He tore down the aisle, nipping horses and people alike, kicking up his heels every now and then. Chilled and Delirium were both startled, Delirium rearing up and Chilled squealing as the little monster nipped his hindquarters.

"Was that--!?" Sam had no time to further question as she tried to calm Delirium down. Mark put a hand on his face and sighed deeply.

"Oh nnnnoooo." He groaned, "Death is loose."

Emile had stopped outside the barn, knowing better than to tear through it in chase of his son. It would be much more difficult for him to weave through due to his size than the smaller yearling, and he'd have more of a chance of hurting someone, he knew. Instead, he went around the outside of the barn, meeting the black colt on the other side with ease. He tried to stop him, but it was to no avail. There was no stopping Death, it seemed.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you're looking for me you are most likely to find me on:
Or mmmaayybbeee:

Indomita [Agentized #16] [Site Moderator]
Tumblr [agentized.tumblr.com]
Deviant Art [agentized.deviantart.com]
Twitter [twitter.com/Agentized]
YouTube [youtube.com/user/Agentized]
Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

http://riftedwriting.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:58 pm

Daisy glanced up, hearing hoof-beats. "David move!" she called to her brother, pressing herself against a stall. Trying to think, she glanced at Sam and Mark, knowing the adults should handle the wild yearling.
----
Wonder snorted, turning her head. "Death," she neighed, eyes narrowed at the colt.
-----------
Darby sighed. "Not again," she muttered,watching quietly. "Easy boy," she murmured, seeing Prince was getting uneasy.
-----
S'more's ears pricked up and galloped over to the boy, stopping shortly before him. Pawing the ground the mare nickered happily, nudging the teenager.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:00 pm

David could hear the commotion in the barn, turning his head that way. He then focused back on the mare before him, laughing softly as she nudged him.

"Let's go see what's going on, huh?" He asked, slipping the halter over her head and clipping it into place. He then began to lead her back to the barn.

Death was enjoying his new-found freedom, despite his father dogging him and trying to spoil his attempts at fun.

"Get back into that pasture right now." Emile snorted angrily at him.

"I didn't know that you were such a pet, father. It's a big place out here... So much to explore and more fun to be had." Death teased the older stallion, knowing Emile wouldn't be able to argue with that unless he admitted to being content to a life where he was contained in fences or by four walls at nearly every second of his day.

"But it's dangerous, too. You can still explore and have fun if you listen to them, but it takes time." Emile countered.

"I doubt it. Besides, I'm not scared of the world. The world should be scared of me." Death replied, continuing on. It was clear the black stallion was beginning to become frustrated with his son.

"Fine then. Show the world what you are. Be a walking menace, and you'll become a real dead man walking. You won't get very far." He replied to Death angrily, stopping in his tracks. He watched Death continue on without saying a word, then turning and heading back to the barn. His ears were pinned against his skull; he clearly was not in a good mood from that discussion, or his son's behavior.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:01 pm

The mare snorted, knowing what was exactly going on. "Rascal, " she muttered,  following David quietly.
----
Darby groaned, clearly not liking Death right now. "Guess we have to catch him?" She asked, grabbing a rope and heading out of the barn. 
----
Wonder snorted, rolling her eyes at the yearling. Nickering softly at Emile, trying to calm him down.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:15 pm

David lead her back to the barn, putting her on cross ties.

"What's going on?" He asked, looking around. He hadn't seen the colt, but he certainly saw the trail of destruction and disappointment he left behind.

"I'm not sure we'll be able to catch him on foot. But if we take too long to tack up, he could be gone and anywhere by the time we're done." Mark stated their dilemma. He then looked over at David as he came in.

"One of the yearlings are loose." He stated.

"Well I'm good at roping, I can catch him. Just keep your eyes on him while I get S'more ready." He said, beginning to quickly groom S'more.

"Where did you learn to rope?" Mark questioned with a raised brow.

"Mom taught me... She was always more of a cowgirl." David said with a fond smile, remembering his and Daisy's mother.

Emile snorted softly as he approached the barn. He spotted Darby, walking up to her instead. Though his ears were still pinned against his skull, it was clear that his hostilities were not meant for her, but for his pesky son who was wreaking havoc on her day.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:39 am

Darby sighed, smiling at Emile. "I'll be right back," she said, petting Prince before moving over to Emile. "At least your older son is more well behaved? " She asked the stallion, trying to rub his neck, hopping to calm him down.
---
Prince snorted as his half-brother, rolling his eyes. Glancing around, he nickered softly, ears back slightly. 
-----
S'more snorted,  feeling David's energy. Pricking her ears, she flicked her tail, pawing at the ground. 
---
Daisy sighed as her dad didn't notice the wet spot on David's shirt  and relaxed. Watching Darby she stood close to Winder, she blinked and started gromming again, keeping an eye on her brother.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:56 pm

The large black stallion gave a knowing huff of air, lowering his once high head as she began to rub his neck.

David continued to hurriedly groom and tack up the quarter horse mare. When he was done he tried leading her outside to mount up, thankful that the western saddle already had a rope attached so he didn't have to go find or make one.

[I'm tired and I don't know what to do with the others, I apologize.]

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:55 pm

S'more pranced beside David, understanding the urgency in his movements. Tossing her head in the air, she nickered in excitement, blinking her eyes. 

Darby smiked. "David will get him," she murmured. "How about we get you back in the pasture? " She asked.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:50 pm

David hoisted himself up, easing himself into the saddle with a certain grace. He was thankful that the stirrups seemed just about right, or even just a tad short, but they felt good, regardless. Taking up the reins, he urged S'more forward.

"Alright, let's go get that colt." He said to the mare, giving her neck a quick pat.

The black stallion gave a large exhale of hot air in response, shoving his head into the girl's chest. He then gave a low whicker to her in response.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized