Run or Be Caught [RoBC]

Page 77 of 78 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Run or Be Caught [RoBC]

Post  BrightDays on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:55 pm

Darby smiled at the stallion. "Let's go you big lump," she teased him, patting him gently. Walking towards the ossture, she opened the gaet, glancing at it. "How in the world did you two get out?" She wonder,  watching David ride off on S'more. 

S'more trotted forward, warming up, before starting to canter. Keeping her head low, she went after the colt, snoeting.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:52 am

Emile followed her for a little bit before stopping and giving another low whicker. He flicked his tail, watching her a for a moment, before turning and heading back to the barn. He made his way slowly up the aisle, being careful in moving past all the other horses and the cross ties. He made his way to Wonder, standing by her.

"He really knows how to tick me off and push my buttons. I hate it." He snorted.

Mark and Sam let him be, knowing he wouldn't go far as long as Wonder was still here. They were also still worried about David, S'more, and Death.

Apathy was standing right beside the gate when Darby came over to put Emile back. She stuck her head through the fence like her brother had, only she didn't try touching the gate like naughty Death did. Instead she flicked her small tail, watching her father go into the barn. She then gently nudged and lipped Darby before withdrawing her head and beginning to nibble on some grass right by the fence.

Death saw them coming and immediately turned on a dime and pushed himself into a steady gallop across the well-manicured grass. He was only a yearling, but he was a big one, and he was fast with stamina to spare. However, despite how fast he was, he still was not faster than S'more, a full-grown horse. As they began to catch up, David let the reins go, looping them over the saddle horn to prevent them from falling and from S'more getting caught up in them and tripping. He then grabbed the lasso, unwinding it a bit. He began to circle it in the air, lining up his shot. When he was sure he would not miss, he let the rope fly. He watched as it soared through the air and landed successfully around the colt's neck.

"Yyyeesss." He cheered to himself. He had done it! He picked up the reins again with one hand, winding the lariat around the saddle horn a few times. He then gently pulled back on the reins indicating to S'more to slow a little. He didn't want her to stop immediately, as he knew that would likely jerk the yearling to a stop or cause S'more to fall off balance, would could result in all of them getting injured. In gradually slowing, he knew the stop would be much nicer on both horses, and on himself.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you're looking for me you are most likely to find me on:
Or mmmaayybbeee:

Indomita [Agentized #16] [Site Moderator]
Tumblr [agentized.tumblr.com]
Deviant Art [agentized.deviantart.com]
Twitter [twitter.com/Agentized]
YouTube [youtube.com/user/Agentized]
Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

http://riftedwriting.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:36 pm

S'more felt the command, slowing down gradually. Snorting, she glared at Death, wondering if she should tease him. Flicking her tail, she waited from a command from David, ears flicking back.

Wonder  snorted. "Understandable,  but know you know how to humans felt when you didn't  lisren," she replied, nuzzlung Emile. 

Darby chuckled at Apathy lipped her. "You are so not like your brother," she murmured, frowning. "Think u figured it out," she muttered, shaking her head. "Death is sure smart for his afe," she said to herslef, walking back to the barn.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:36 pm

As the dark colt felt the rope tighten around his neck, he was forced to slow his pace or his other option was to be choked by the rope, which he also did not fancy. Finally, he was forced to stop. He turned toward them and reared up, shaking his head and pinning his ears against his skull. He did not give to the rope at first, letting it remain taught and put pressure against the back of his head. Eventually, he took a step or two forward to gain some slack in the lariat, and by extension, the back of his head. His ears remained pinned against his skull.

"A stubborn little mule, eh?" David commented with a chuckle. He then turned S'more back toward the barn and urged her forward once more. However, almost as soon as S'more's back was turned toward him, Death came in toward her and tried biting her rear legs, and even bit at David's legs dangling in the stirrups.

"Ow!" He exclaimed, instinctively moving his leg away... which happened to make him accidentally kick S'more.

"Oh no..." He groaned, pulling back on the reins in the hope to keep her from moving forward or taking off. He swatted at the colt with the remainder of the coiled up lasso, hoping that would deter him from taking any more bites out of him or S'more.

"I almost feel bad for the way I behaved... almost." Emile responded to her with a small nicker, flicking his tail. He gently lipped at her, then shook himself, sending dust flying through the air from his coat, mane, and tail.

Apathy lifted her head with some grass still sticking out of her mouth, chewing as she watched Darby head back to the barn. She was indeed very different from her terror of a brother; she was still smart, perhaps even smarter than he, but she was much more relaxed, calm, and gentle. She preferred being a follower rather than a leader, and found much more comfort in company rather than being alone. So as Darby moved away, she too moved, making her way back to the small herd of mares at the center of the pasture-- Emile's little herd. Each had a foal attached to their hip, which were clearly a few months old at the least. Though he was attached to every one of them, it was clear to everyone that Wonder was his favorite mare. Perhaps it was because she was his first companion, but whatever the reason, he didn't like going anywhere without her.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:06 pm

S'more snorted at Death, pinning her ears. "Watch it colt," she nodded, trying to kick at him. Blinking in suprise ad David kicked her, but felt the reins, she glanced around at her rider, confused.  "Your getting on my last nerve," she muttuted to death, stopping and trying to kick him again.

Wonder gave a low chuckle, nuzzling Emile. "Why don't you say hi to Prince?" She asked. "He doesn't like baths much, but I think he's about to get one, " she murmured,  flicking her ears at Emile's oldest son.

Prince followed Darby quietly to the hoses, ears pinned back. Snorting as he was tied, he watched the girl with one eye, ready to move.

"Really Prince?" Darby asked, turning on the water and waiting for it to get to the right temperature.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:30 pm

"Sorry S'more." David apologized, continuing to swat at the yearling with the rope. Meanwhile, Death skittered away from S'more's kicks, prancing as he did so. However, in his confidence, he failed to see one coming, catching one of her hooves in his side. He squealed more out of surprise than pain, pulling against the rope at first, then coming in to bite at her side in retaliation.

"Cut it oouuttt." David sighed. At least the barn was getting ever closer. Slowly, but surely.

"I suppose I might as well. At least he's a little easier to deal with than Death. Who knows... he might actually listen to me." Emile said, flicking his tail. He then moved, further making his way carefully down the aisle.

"You got a couple wild ones, Emile. I don't want to tell you how to raise your foals or anything, but... have you tried ignoring him? If you don't give him the satisfaction, then maybe he'll stop. Or maybe he won't, I don't know..." Chilled nickered as the black stallion walked past.

"I suppose it's worth a try." Emile nickered back, continuing on out of the barn. Once he was outside, he made his way over to the usual bathing area, where he knew Darby had most likely taken Prince for his bath. He came up on the other side of Prince, the side opposite from Darby. He sidled up to his son, leaving a wide berth of room for Darby to get between them and for Prince to move a little bit in that direction, but not too much. Or at least, not too much without bumping into him, that is, which Emile would definitely not take kindly to and would likely earn his son a nip on the rump. Stretching his neck down, he began ripping up some nearby long stalks of grass, chewing. Before he was even finished he leaned his head down for more, purposefully twisting his head a certain way to grab the grass closer to their roots. Lifting his head, he stepped a little closer to Prince, offering him some of the grass which protruded from the side of his mouth. He didn't know how much room Darby had left for Prince to move his head, so he figured he would offer his son some grass in case he couldn't reach it himself. Perhaps eating would take his mind off the hose and the water.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:47 pm

S'more squealed in pain as Death bit her. "Knock it off," she snorted, glaring at thencolt. "Next time you donit, I bite you nack," the mare threatened Death, walking towards the barn at a quick bit gentle pace.
---
Wonder chuckled, over hearing Chilled 
"I'll try anything to get Death to knock it off," she nickered. 
--
Prince watched Darby with one eye, trying to move away. Stopping before he bumped into Emile, he blinked, suprised to see his father. "Hello Dad," he murmured, gentle taking the grass Emile was offering, ignoring the water and hose for now.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:53 am

"Go ahead. Won't stop me." Death mocked back at her, aiming another bite right at her barrel. He was undeterred by her threat, sure she wouldn't actually do anything, or that if she did that he could flee far enough away where she wouldn't be able to reach him. At least, that's what he thought, and he seemed to fail to realize that, for as far as he could get away that the rope would allow, she could just as easily cross that distance to bite his butt.

"You're playing with fire, colt. Knock it off!" David warned, able to tell that S'more was getting fed up with the naughty and disrespectful youngster. Thankfully the barn was drawing near, but it seemed it wouldn't come fast enough.

"If that doesn't work, maybe something else will... Maybe some mental stimulation? Like, toys, and things of that nature? If he always has something to do, then he won't be terrorizing everyone, and it could help wear him out so he's easier to handle." Chilled also suggested to Wonder, "If only the humans would think of that..."

"Hello Prince." Emile nickered back to his son in greeting, bending his head down again to pull up some more grass after his son had taken the bit from his mouth that he had offered him. He chewed it, then bent his head down again to pull up some more grass for Prince.

"How are you?" He asked, trying to engage in conversation to keep Prince's mind off Darby and the hose.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:26 pm

S'more squealed again, turning her head to try and nip at Death. "I said knock it off," the mare answered, her eyes narrowed at the colt.
-----
Wonder snorted. "No idea," she replied, glancing at Daisy as the girl started to groom her, nickering softly. Hearing David approach with S'more and Death, she rolled her eyes, hearing S'more squealing. "Hopefully she can teach him a lesson," she muttered, dropping her head down.
-----
Prince chewed the grass his father after him, ignoring Darby as she was his coat. "Fine, but confused on what's going on today," he replied.

(Yeah..writer's block is suddenly back..grr)

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:01 am

Death gave a high-pitched squeal as her teeth nicked the side of his neck, dancing away until he felt the rope tighten around it. He then retaliated by lunging forward to try to bite her face-- in hindsight, probably not his best idea, as he wasn't thinking that it would make it even easier for her to really give him a good bite if she wanted to, and he wouldn't be nearly fast enough to avoid it.

David groaned, "I'm so sorry S'more. When I volunteered to catch him, I didn't know he was like THIS." He said apologetically to the mare.

"This must be the colt our dad was talking about earlier." He stated to no one in particular.

Mark, hearing the two squealing horses approaching, temporarily halted his grooming.

"Bring him here, David! We're going to stall him while we're out. Can't risk him escaping while we're gone." He called.

"Okay dad!" David called back. They were so close to the barn, only a little bit to go...! Hopefully nothing would explode between the two horses in that time.

"When we get back, I want to try something with Death... Maybe it will work, maybe it won't, but I want to at least try it." Sam said, looking to Mark.

"Sure, what is it?" He asked, looking over at her.

"Well, I hear geldings make great mothers. They're great at teaching young ones what they can and cannot get away with, I hear. Delirium's a gelding, and he can be a mean one at that; he's real intimidating, too. I think it's exactly what Death may need." She answered.

"I don't want Death to get hurt, though... But it may be our only shot at getting him to behave. So I guess it's worth a shot." Mark conceded with a small nod.

"I don't think Delirium will seriously hurt him." Sam reassured.

"I'm not sure either... Must be special, though." Emile said, bending his neck to rip up more grass for the both of them to chew on.

"It's not often that they braid manes and tails... And I'm not even sure what they put on your coat before." He said, moving a bit closer to his son's side and scenting him, "But it's washed out, it seems... No scent left. Just water and soap."

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized