Run or Be Caught [New/Time Skip]

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Run or Be Caught [New/Time Skip]

Post  Bec on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:20 pm

"Ah, yes!"

Henry clapped his hands together with delight, rocking back on his heel for a moment before bouncing into conversation mode.

"I'm supposed to be a new hire; the owner and I discussed it over the phone a couple weeks ago. I should be here to help with your general labor and horse upkeep tasks. So if something breaks, or needs to be built, I'm your guy! And if nothing's broken or in a blueprint state of existence, I'll be here to muck stalls and keep the animals fed -- I say animals because I'm not sure if you solely have horses or if you also have livestock. Either way, if they're hungry I'll feed them."

Brushing a hand through his messy hair, he turned to point to the trailer behind him. "I've also brought a horse of my own. I'm still new to him, but he's a pretty nice ride. Supposedly he's a relatively famous one, from what my uncles have told me. I don't really know much about him outside of that. Oh -- I'm rambling! Sorry!"

He brought a palm to his face. Talkative is fine, answering a simple question at a hundred miles an hour isn't.

"Um, could you show me where to put him for now, at least? I don't want to leave him in that trailer for too much longer, it's been a long ride here."
Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:33 pm

David listened to the young man, giving a small laugh when he had shushed himself. Giving him a smile, he shook his head a little bit.

"No, it's fine of course! Hearing people talk about their horses like that is awesome. It sounds like you're really enthusiastic about him, which is great!" He replied, "But, it'll be great to have you around! We could always use the extra help around here, especially when things up an break on us. And as our number of mouths to feed grows, we could always use extra hands to pass around the feed." He said. He then gave a prompt nod, "Sure, I'll show you where to put him," David replied, "I imagine it's been a long trip for the both of you. By the way, your name is...?" He asked.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you're looking for me you are most likely to find me on:
Or mmmaayybbeee:

Indomita [Agentized #16] [Site Moderator]
Tumblr [agentized.tumblr.com]
Deviant Art [agentized.deviantart.com]
Twitter [twitter.com/Agentized]
YouTube [youtube.com/user/Agentized]
Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

http://riftedwriting.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Daisy chuckled. "Looks like we have to get back to work," she chuckled, smiling at her brother. "Sam's away with one of our horses at the moment, who just won his first race," she explained to Henry. "Bit I'll show you and look over the jorses, I'm kind of in training to be a vet," she explained, glancing at her brother.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Bec on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:49 pm

"Henry!" He looked up to the sky in complete agony, returning to David with an embarrassed smile and a hand rubbing the back of his neck. "My name is Henry, Henry Reid."

He really couldn't help but laugh at himself, the clumsy man had forgotten to tell him his own name. Usually that's the first thing you do, too! At least all seemed to be well, they were just as friendly as Sam had seemed to be when they talked; it was a nice place for work.

Motioning to the trailer, he began to walk away from the siblings.

"He's in here; his name is Lazarus. I've got his papers up front. He's a big guy, but lovable, and he loves to work. I haven't done much with it yet, but he's a really good mount for jousting, at least that's what it says."

------

Swiveling an ear towards the familiar voice projecting from the building, he lifted his head to watch the three humans begin walking towards him. He'd been away from his original family for a few months now, having been on Henry's uncles' farm in the meantime.

Looking in every direction available to him in the given space, he collected that this was a breeding facility; just judging by the number of horses and paddocks. It seemed cozy enough. Taking a step forward, he poked his nose out of the bars, giving a soft snort of greeting to his approaching friend before sniffing the air for any more information. Grass. Lots of it, and lots of horses too. More elsewhere that he couldn't see.

"You guys seem to have quite the herd here." He stated to himself, shaking out his mane.

Time to go. With a big stretch and a yawn, Laz carefully turned himself to face the trailer doors, waiting patiently as Henry opened and unloaded him. Taking a couple steps out, he swung his massive head in the direction of the two new faces, seeming to almost nod in beckoning of them. They looked kind; he just wondered if they would keep him to teach and compete with, or just give him affection until his next home like the last two did.
Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:00 pm

Daisy chuckled. "Nice to meet you Henry, " she greeted, turning her attention to the television for a few minutes.

Darby glanced down at Sam and Mark. "He got right to work when he saw the track, and he wants to run more," she laughed. "Problem about coming back to racime full time again, press are going to follow us again," she laughed. Smiling at the camera's she was finally allowed to get out of Prince. "You did good boy, Kameron will check you over soon," she murmured, rubbing the Colts neck before going to weigh in and change out of her silks,since Prince was her last ride of the day.

Prince tossed his head at the camera flashes, tail swatting away flies. Finally he started pulling wanting to get away from the crowd.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:08 pm

"It's nice to meet you Henry." David replied with a light laugh and a friendly smile. He followed after Henry, listening to him talk as they approached the trailer.

"Jousting, huh? Wow, finding horses for that is few and far between." He commented. He watched as the door opened and the large draft took a couple steps out, looking in his and Daisy's direction.

"Wow, a gorgeous boy you've got there!" He said, looking over what he could see of the large horse.

++++++++++

Sam gave a laugh, "Looked like it! Looked like you were having trouble slowing him down." She said with a smile. She then laughed again, "yeah, hopefully it's not as bad as it was with Emile. At least this time won't be sneaking in to see him without consent." She said, eyeing Mark with a smirk. She gave him a playful shove.

"Hey, Emile was one of my favorites! I never wanted to give him up, I just knew I'd never be able to do anything with him." Mark said with a playful sulk. They both laughed, then took Prince back to his barn to walk him out and groom him.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  Bec on Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:19 pm

"Yup, he's my boy!" Henry beamed with pride, petting down the stallion's soft snout. "He's great for it, as well as pulling and driving. I've got all his competition paperwork, and he's entered a lot of stuff. Showmanship and trick riding; if anyone ever wants to ride him, feel free. He'd be great for anyone, of any sport. I will say, he's a stallion. Sam said that wouldn't be an issue, but I just want to make sure you guys know in case you like to keep them separate from the mares."

At 'mares' Lazarus' ears perked up as he looked about the ranch. That had been part of his job, after all. Though truthfully, his interest was feigned: for show. Looking the part was a big selling point for him. That's not to say he wouldn't be interested in a mare were she presented to him, but he'd be plenty happy just to get a nap in a stall. It had been a big day, and once again he'd lost the few friends he'd made ever so briefly in his temporary home. The thought that this may be his permanent home was a grace that he wouldn't dare hope for, at least not for another few months.
Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:25 pm

"I'm going to attempt to call Dad, David!" She told her brother quietly. "Then I'll check over the Lazarus, " she explained. Walking back into the offixe, she quickly dialed Mark's number, seeing the racing program on television had ended and she turned the TV off as she waited for her father to pick up.

Kameron smiked as he approached Sam and Mark. "Hey you two," he greeted, yawning. "Heard he won his first race," he chuckled, then heard a cell phone going off. "For once, not me," the vet laughed.

Darby rejoined Sam and Mark when she got free from the press and other jockeys. "All the starting jockeys are asking me questions ," she laughed.
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:44 pm

"Wow, he's gorgeous and talented!" David said with a smile and a small laugh, "I'd love to try him out sometime, sounds like he's a dream to ride and a very intelligent horse." He said with a smile.

"Ah, a stallion? Not a problem. We can find a place for him in our paddocks. Stalling won't be an issue. I'll show you where you can put him." David said, turning his head to look back at his sister and giving a nod.

"Okay!" He called after her. He then turned and headed off toward the barn, motioning for Henry to follow along with Lazarus.

++++++++++

"Hey Kam!" Sam said with a smile as they approached.

"Hey Kam!" Mark greeted as well.

"Yeah, he and Darby killed it out there!" Sam said with a grin. She then heard a phone go off as well, looking around.

"Not me!" She said.

"Oh, sorry, it's me." Mark said, pulling out his phone, "I'll be back in a second, gotta take this." He said, exiting the barn and answering the call.

"Hello Daisy, what's up sweetie?" He asked.

Sam looked over as Mark left and as Darby came in. She then let out a chuckle, "I bet!" She commented.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  Bec on Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Henry continued to scan around the ranch as he followed his new coworker, trying to figure and map out where everything was located ahead of time.

Lazarus followed in accordance to the two men, sure to puff himself up and put on his most stunning walk as he did so. First impressions count; he was hoping to potentially catch the eye of a future suitor at best, and maybe just attract some general eye at worst. It'd be nice to strike up a conversation or two once stalled away, due to how drearily boring the past few hours had been all alone.
Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum