Run or Be Caught [New/Time Skip]

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Re: Run or Be Caught [New/Time Skip]

Post  Agentized on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:02 pm

As the announcer called for the riders to transition their horses through the different gaits, a pair of brown eyes watched diligently from a covered booth. The young woman there was accompanied by two other judges to her right and left, both seemingly older than her. When the announcer was finished calling all the gaits and directions, the three judges sat for a minute, talking amongst themselves before the black-haired woman raised to her feet, gathering up a set of ribbons.

"And today, judging and presenting the ribbons for us at this event, we have Miss Emily Grey." The announcer called as she made her way into the arena, walking down the line of horses to a bay with a female rider.

"Congratulations-- you did well, but you and your horse could still use a bit of improvement on teamwork. There were a few times where she was a bit confused of what you were asking of her." She said kindly with a smile, handing the ribbon to the rider. The announcer called out over the loud speaker the rider's name, followed by the horse's name, then their position in the class. It was a white ribbon; fourth. She then moved onto the next rider, walking past Skylar and S'more, approaching a white-grey horse with a male rider.

"Congratulations-- you and your horse did well, but you both were a little too fast for western pleasure, perhaps. Remember to relax, and not tense." She said with a smile and a small chuckle, handing the yellow ribbon to the rider. The announcer came over the loud speaker, saying the rider's name and the horse's name followed by their position in the class. The woman then turned on her heel and headed back up the line, this time stopping at Skylar and S'more. She handed the red ribbon to Skylar with a smile, as she had done with everyone else before her.

"Congratulations-- you and your horse were beautiful. However, remember that you don't necessarily just want to ride her or control her, but be one with her. She is an extension of you, and you are an extension of her. That will make your transitions a lot quicker and a lot more fluid." She commented as the announcer read out Skylar's name, S'more's name, and their position in the class. Emily then went further down the line in that same direction and stopped at another palomino, this one isabella in colour.

"Congratulations-- you are your horse were wonderful." She said with a smile, handing the rider their blue ribbon. Once again, the announcer read out the rider's name, the horse's name, and that they were the winner of the class. She them walked to the front middle of the entire line of horses, stopping and standing facing them.

"Congratulations to all of you, and thank you for your participation. Hopefully I will see you all at a future date in time at other shows, or even in classes later on today." She said, smiling, before she exited the arena. Only after she had left and returned to the judges' booth did the announcer come over the speaker and dismiss the class. Once everyone had departed the ring, they began to call for the next group of riders to mount up and begin heading to the arena for their class-- Sean's class.

"Yeah, she did really good." Sam replied to Daisy.

"Second place! Whoo! You guys rocked!" She called to Skylar with a huge smile on her face after the girl had departed from the arena.

"Yeah, great job!" Whitney said happily, and Mark nodded in agreement with a smile on his face.

"Yeah!" David agreed, then walked over to the practice arena's fence.

"Hey, it's your turn Sean!" He called.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you're looking for me you are most likely to find me on:
Or mmmaayybbeee:

Indomita [Agentized #16] [Site Moderator]
Tumblr [agentized.tumblr.com]
Deviant Art [agentized.deviantart.com]
Twitter [twitter.com/Agentized]
YouTube [youtube.com/user/Agentized]
Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

http://riftedwriting.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:25 pm

Skylar glanced down at Emily, taking the judges advice in mind. Smlijg, she attached the ribbon to S'mores bridle as she listened to what the judge said. Asking S'more for a walk, she smiled as she got outside the ring. Hearing everyone , her smile widen. "Thanks everyone," she chuckled. "Have fun Sean," she murmured, dismounting from S'more, and looking for her crutches when she got back to the trailer.
----
Sean sat calmly in the saddle, even though he was nervous. Listening as the announcer called each gait, he moved with Winter, trying to keep focus. Finishing, he smiled, knowing he had messed up a few times, but he did his best, and that what mattered to him the most.
---
"Sean looks good, beside being nervous," Daisy murmured t David. "Sam shouldn't you get the yearlings ready?" She asked.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:15 pm

Seeing Skylar and S'more coming back to the trailer, Tori grabbed Skylar's crutches from the back of the truck, handing them to the girl.

"Second, huh? Not bad for your first show!" She said with a smile.

"If you want to go up to watch your brother, I can take care of S'more for you." She offered.

The dark-eyed judge watched the horses and riders as they rounded the arena at the different gaits. Once again, once the announcer had finished and all the horses and riders had lined up, she and the other two judges got together and conversed briefly before Emily picked up the second set of ribbons and headed into the arena again. She walked down the line of horses and riders to a horse toward the end, presenting the rider of a black mare with the white ribbon, indicating fourth place. As before with Skylar's class, the announcer said the rider's name, the horse's name, and their place in the class.

"Congratulations-- you did well! When you're up there, focus on keeping your leg back and keeping it still; same with your hands. She's confused by the mixed leg and hand signals, which is why she's being head-throwy and all that." She said with a smile. She then moved on to Winter and Sean, handing him the yellow ribbon. The announcer kicked up, reading his name, Winter's name, and their place.

"Congratulations! You two looked wonderful. I think the most important thing for the two of you is working on calming your nerves and focusing. Relax, have fun, forget about the crowd and the judges. Pretend it's just you and her, and I'm sure you'll do great." She commented with a kind smile. She then moved onto the second place and first place winners, the announcer reading them off as she gave them their ribbons and offered them her piece of advice. She then exited the ring and returned to the judges' booth.

"Yeah, I think his nerves were his biggest enemy here." David replied to his sister.

"Yeah, we'll head down there and get them ready now." Sam replied, "Good job Sean! Not bad for your first show!" She called with a huge smile.

"You and your sister did great." Mark said with a smile as he and Sam began to head back to the trailer to get Princess and Grace. David and Whitney followed suit.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:32 pm

Sean smiled in thanks, making sure to keep her advice in mind, clipping the ribbuon onto Winter's bridle. After being dismissed, he smiled and nodded as he dismounted from Winter after he exited the ring and smiled at the others. "Thanks, I know I have some things to work o, but I'm happy with what ie accomplished in a year," he replied, rubbing Winter's neck.

Winter just snorted as she followed everyone back to the trailer.

Skylar chuckled. "Sean does better when I'm not there to distract him," she told Tori. "I I'm there, he'd worry more about me then focusing on the shoe," she told her.
---
Princess ears turned to Winter, kicking out every once in awhile. "Why am I not untied?" She mumbled, possible kicking Death on accident.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:59 pm

"You and your sister did very well for only having been riding for one year." Sam replied with a smile, "You guys should be proud of yourselves."

"As long as you guys had fun, that's what counts." David chimed in as well. Whitney nodded in agreement with both Sam and David.

"You guys keep progressing as you have been and you two will end up in the big rings in no time." She said.

"Ah, I see. Well, at least that means he really cares about you, right?" Tori replied to Skylar with a small laugh.

"Sounds to me like he did pretty good." She said, hearing the announcer call his name and his place in the class, "You and your brother did really well today!" She smiled.

Death pinned his ears and jerked his head up on the lead with a squeal as one of Princess' kicks connected with his hind leg. He quickly reached over to try to bite his younger half sister in retaliation. Whether she meant to kick him or not, he didn't care.

"Alright, quit you two!" Sam said as they arrived back at the trailer, going over to Princess to untie her from the side of the trailer. Death let out a deep snort, swishing his short tail in annoyance. Perhaps the only injury he'd had with any lasting effect from that cougar-- or perhaps it was just unlucky genetics albeit the scar on his tail might say otherwise-- he'd been left with a tail that hardly grew farther than the end of his tail bone.

Mark went and grabbed Grace, awaiting the call for their class to begin gathering in the arena, since the halter classes were next-- and yearlings were first.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Princess let put a squeal as Death bit her, before hearing Sam. Ears flatten back on her her head, she pricked them forward once she was untied.Tossing her head, she pranced beside Sam wanting to move.

"Maybe Emile needs to have some father daughter tme with her," Daisy murmured. "By the looks of it, she was just unhappy being tied," she chuckled.
--
Darby chuckled and went over to Emile. "Princess is so much like you boy," she murmured.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:38 pm

"I would say so." Sam responded, chuckling a little as the filly danced beside her, clearly eager to keep moving. She gave the filly a pat on the neck, "Atta girl." she praised the filly, hearing the announcer call over the loud speaker that it was time for the yearling halter class to start.

"Well, that's our call. Let's see how they do." She began heading up to the arena, hoping the yearling would be rather tame while in the ring, and wouldn't be spooked by the crowd or all the new things. Meanwhile, Mark wasn't even half as worried about Grace as Sam was about Princess. Grace moved... well, gracefully and quiet beside him, showing no concern or worry for anything happening around her. She didn't even seem all that intrigued by all the new sights and sounds around her, instead following Mark diligently and with focus.

Emile watched as Sam, Mark, and the two fillies departed for the arena, snorting a little before dropping his head and giving Darby his attention. He nosed at the young woman, beginning to lip on her clothing before finding a zipper for a pocket on her pants. He began playing with the zipper, bobbing his head up and down in a 'yes' manner to gently open and close it. In reality, he was just bored and easily entertained by the sound of the zipper.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:54 pm

Princess snorted as she walked beside Sam, prancing a bit as they entered the ring. For once the yearling was more curious about her surroundings and distracted from being a handful. Tail swatting away flies, she gave a snort and shook her head before starting to relax, tired from misbehaving earlier.

Skylar smiled at Sean. "Great job," she said, hugging her brother. "Good luck!" Skylar called out as Sean did also. "True," she told Tori, chuckling slightly.
-----
Daisy chuckled. "I'm going to get ready for my class with Wonder," she told the group still at the trailer, before heading off to change.
-----------
Darby chuckled. "Silly boy," she said, letting him play with the zipper. "Bored?" she asked.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:15 pm

"Good luck!" Whitney and Tori called.

"Okay." Tori replied to Daisy with a smile and a nod.

"Good girl." Sam murmured to the filly, walking around the arena as everyone else entered the ring for the class. As the announcer kicked up, listing off the different gaits, she sped up or slowed the filly to match, Mark doing the same with Grace. Then, they all lined up as Emily and the other two judges entered the ring, beckoning one forward at a time to observe their conformation before doing another walk and trot before returning to the line. When they had observed every yearling in the arena, the three judges had a short conversation amongst themselves before one of them handed Emily the four ribbons to place. She walked towards the middle of the line, giving the handler of a small palomino colt the white ribbon.

"Congratulations. He's a pretty little boy." She said with a smile as the announcer came on overhead to announce the fourth place position. She then made her way to Mark.

"Congratulations," she said, handing him the yellow ribbon, "She's gorgeous, and very well-mannered."

"Thank you!" Mark replied with a smile, taking the ribbon and hooking onto the side of Grace's halter. The announcer came overhead again as Emily made her way to another bay filly down the line.

"Congratulations, she's beautiful." She said, handing them the red ribbon. The announcer boomed over the loud speaker. To much surprise, Emily headed toward and stopped at Sam and Princess' spot.

"Congratulations. Your little girl was just perfect." She said, handing Sam the blue ribbon.

"Oh... thank you!" Sam said with a smile, taking the ribbon and hooking it onto the side of Princess' halter as the announcer announced that they were the winners of the class. Emily and the other judges then exited the arena before the announcer dismissed the class. Both Sam and Mark headed back to the trailer with huge smiles on their faces.

"First and third!" Sam grinned at Mark.

"We have some special little girls for sure." Mark replied with a chuckle and a smile, giving Grace a pat on the neck. Sam did the same with Princess.

"Good girl, you did great!" She praised the filly, "Now be like that all the time." she laughed.

"You guys did great!" Whitney called as she saw them approaching.

"Yeah, who would have thought first and third!" Tori said with a smile.

"Good job guys." David congratulated.

"Thanks!" They said to everyone, bringing the fillies back to the trailer to tie them.

Emile continued playing with Darby's zipper for a few minutes before releasing the zipper from his teeth. He chewed for a moment before beginning to toss his head, making the metal clip bang against the metal ring at the bottom of his halter, once again finding himself easily entertained by the noise.

Death was acting similar to his father, however, he was currently biting on his lead. He'd grabbed it about halfway up and was entertaining himself by tossing his head with the lead taught between his teeth and the trailer.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:28 pm

Princess cooperated through the entire showing, tossing her head. Snorting as she stood in front of the judges, her tail flicked once as she followed Sam steadily. Blinking as she felt Sam put a ribbon on her, she just tossed her head in delight at making the ribbon flap around. Following Sam out of the arena, she stepped highly and eagerly clearly proud of herself.
-------
Darby chuckled as they returned. "Princess seems proud of herself," she laughed. "Guessing she did really well in the ring?" she asked, glancing at the yearling. "I'll get Wonder ready for Daisy," she commented, going to the mare and starting to put the tack on her.
------------
Wonder snorted, nudging Emile. "Well Princess did well it looks like," she nickered, before following after Darby.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum