Run or Be Caught [New/Time Skip]

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Run or Be Caught [New/Time Skip]

Post  BrightDays on Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:57 pm

Racing Wonder was in her stall sleeping.

Chocolate Covered S'more pricked her ears, hearing hoof beats and snorted softly.

"Hi dad," Daisy replied, chuckling at the nickname. "Someone just showed up here named Henry and we can find anything from you or Sam about a new person, " she explained.  "And he has a drafts tallion named Lazarus with him," she finished.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:57 pm

David walked down the row of stalls, going toward the back where some of the younger horses were, as that was where they had the most open stalls. He stopped for a moment, looking at two potential open stalls. One was sandwiched between Apathy and S'more, and the other was sandwiched between Death and Titan.

"We'll put him in this stall right here." David said, motioning to the one between Apathy and S'more. He didn't want to put poor Lazarus right next to Death, who was now going on two years old. While Titan, also two years old now, was a complete sweetheart, Death was... not so much. It would be a recipe for disaster.

Speaking of said colt, hearing footsteps and smelling a new horse, he'd stuck his head over his stall door, eyeing the large stallion as he came inside. And you can bet as they passed by, he tried his damnedest to reach out and bite someone like the little butthole he is. Well, until daddy Emile reached over from the next stall over on his other side and bit him square in the neck with a mutter under his breath, "Knock it off Death!" which caused him to squeal and retreat back into his stall.

Titan and was fast asleep in his stall. That is, until Death squealed, which caused him to jerk awake before coming to the front of his stall.

"Oh, hey, new horse." He commented.

Apathy, now three years old, also peaked her head over her stall door.

"Hello. Welcome." She called softly to the new draft stallion.

++++++++++

Mark looked perplexed for a moment before he had an "aha!" moment in his head.

"Oh! I think I remember Sam saying something about a new worker coming in with his horse a week or so ago. Lemme go check though, one second honey." He said, walking around the corner and back into the barn.

"Hey Sam?" He called.

"Yeah?" She asked as she turned around to face him.

"Were you expecting a new worker today at the barn?" He asked. Her face went dead for a moment before she face-palmed.

"Oh, no, I forgot! I was supposed to meet with Henry today and get him all settled in with his horse, shoot! Henry Reid, right? And his horse Lazarus, a champion jousting horse." She said.

"Yeah, that's the one!" Mark said, speaking into the phone again.

"Yeah, Sam forgot to tell you guys, her bad. Is everything else alright?" He asked.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you're looking for me you are most likely to find me on:
Or mmmaayybbeee:

Indomita [Agentized #16] [Site Moderator]
Tumblr [agentized.tumblr.com]
Deviant Art [agentized.deviantart.com]
Twitter [twitter.com/Agentized]
YouTube [youtube.com/user/Agentized]
Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

http://riftedwriting.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:22 pm

Daisy smiled. "Everything else is fine, just wanted to make sure," she chuckled. "See you guys soon," she chuckled shaking her head, as she hung up her phone. "Why don't you hang out here and get used to all the horses? " she suggested to Henry and I can do a quick look over Lazarus, " she explained, glancing at the Draft stallion.

Darby chuckled. "Why don't we beat the crowd and get out of her and back to the stables then?" She asked.

Kameron nidded. "I'll meet you there," he said.

Prince snorted, nudging Mark for a treat.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:40 pm

Sam pulled up the drive, parking her truck in the usual spot. She yawned as she turned off her truck, pulling the key out of the ignition. It had been a long drive, but they were finally home! She opened up her truck door and grabbed everything she needed before hopping out of her truck. She gave a good stretch before heading around to the back of the trailer.

"We're home everybodyyyyy!" She called happily, opening up the trailer and going inside, starting to lead Prince out, "Aaaannnddd we WON!" she said, not talking to anyone in particular, just generally telling the entire farm about their most recent success.

Mark pulled up a few minutes later in his truck, turning off the truck and pulling the key from the ignition, hopping out and stretching just as Sam had. He then headed toward the barn.

"Children, we're hhhoooommmeee!" He called teasingly.

"Children, huh?" David asked from across the parking area as he came out of the office door, a smirk on his face.

"Good to see ya Dad, and congrats everyone on the win!" He said with a huge smile on his face, "Days and I watched it on the T.V. in the office. Great job! Hopefully Prince is as good as Emile was." He said.

"We can hope!" Sam said with a grin.

+++++++++++

"Oooohhh, look who's home~ Princey-boy, dear half brother, running in circles for the humans~" Death called in a teasing manner from his paddock. Of course he was by himself and generally kept away from the other horses because he was just a general asshole all around.

Apathy shot her brother a look from across the way. She wasn't even nearly as violent as he was. In fact, she was almost always gentle and quiet and caring. But sometimes, just sometimes... she just wanted to stomp his face in.

"Shut up Death! You're just jealous because he'd beat you in any sort of race!" She snorted.

"Hardly." Death called back.

"I don't see you running!" She countered.

"I would never run circles for any human." He snorted in reply.

"Yeah, they'd never put you on a track because you're too slow to win!" She answered.

"Shut your mouth Apathy." He hissed, clearly bothered by her little word game.

"Yes, of course little brother~" She said before promptly turning her back to him and ignoring whatever else he had to say. She may not enjoy the more fiery, always on edge, fighting side of life like her brother did, but out-smarting him and annoying him were certainly on her list of favorite things to do. Him, and only him. So far, he was the only one who deserved it.

+++++++++++

Emile watched his children from his paddock, looking none too pleased. He would have said something, yelled at them to quit fighting, but... he'd already been through this so many times. Even he couldn't stop them from bickering, and he was their father. At this point, even he was convinced nothing would stop them and they would just have to be let be until they sorted it out for themselves. Instead, he turned his attention to Prince.

"Seems you did well, from the excitement of all the humans. Good job, Prince." He said to the colt.

+++++++++++

"Yeah, good job Prince." Titan commented, sticking his head over his fence to congratulate the other colt on his first victory.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:55 pm

Daisy laughed. "Parents don't change," she smiked, walking behind David. "Hey everyone! " she called, seeing Kameron pull up behind Mark and Sam.

"I know Daisy probably checked the new horse already, but I'd like to take a second look at him," he explained to Sam as he got out if his truck.

Prince snorted at Death. "Evil colt," he responded back, before glancing at his father. "Thanks Dad,Titan and Apathy, he respoded. "What happened while I was gone?" He asked.

Racing Wonder came up next to Emile and nudged her son gently.  

S'more was somehwrre in the paddock grazing.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Bec on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:09 am

Having seen the truck pull up, already being in the paddock as he was, Lazarus trotted over to stand beside Emile and Wonder, giving a small whinny as he outstretched his neck far over the fence in greeting to the prize-winning colt. "Emile has told me a great deal about you; congratulations on the victory. Racing was never really my thing, so I'm truly impressed by your performance on your first run."

With a shake of his mane, he raised his head up high and grinned kindly down at the green racer.

"My name is Lazarus, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'll be your new stablemate." For a while, anyway.

----

Right around the time of Sam's return, Henry pulled up to the front of the barn, toting some worn-down fence posts in his truck bed. Hopping out of the truck with a 'sloomph!' of the door behind him, he trotted himself on up to the greeting party with a warm smile. He threw a hand into the air, waving vigorously in their direction as he approached. "Congratulations on the big win!"

As he approached, he toned his demeanor down a bit, unsure of what personality the colt would be and whether or not the outgoing-type would quite... suit his fancy. He held out a hand gently to the racehorse, allowing him time to sniff and adjust himself to the new person in his presence as he turned his head to Sam. "Y'know, usually, you meet someone in person before forgetting about their existence." He laughed. "I'm kidding, I understand. First race; sounds hectic. Nice to finally meet ya though, I've been trying to keep myself busy while you've been gone. I've gone around the fence-line and begun replacing and removing damaged posts, I hope that's okay."
Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:50 pm

Sam nodded at Kameron, before turning to Days and David, "Hey, Kam wants to give Lazerus a second look, would you two mind giving him a hand if he needs it?" She asked.

"Yes, of course!" David replied, motioning to Kameron to follow him as went toward the paddock where Emile, Wonder, and Lazarus were. He grabbed Laz's halter and lead off the post, opening the gate and heading inside the paddock toward the three horses. Emile turned his head to watch David as he entered.

"I do believe he is coming for you." He said, turning his head back to Laz before starting to walk away from the fence line, further into the paddock.

Sam turned as she heard another voice congratulate them, spotting Henry as he approached. She gave a small, apologetic laugh.

"My apologies, Henry. I felt sssoooo bad when they called me after the race and told me you were here. I said I would meet you here when you came and... yeah. I'm so sorry." She said, "It's good to meet you, though." She gave a smile.

"Ah, that's perfectly fine! I've been hoping to get those done for awhile now, but things have just been so busy that I haven't been able to get to it. So, thank you!" She said.

"Oh, by the way. This is Mark, he is Daisy and David's father, and co-owner to a majority of our thoroughbreds." She said, motioning to Mark. He gave a smile and a wave.

"Hello! Nice to meet you Henry." He said, extending his hand for a good shake.

"This is Darby, our main jockey, and owner of Prince." She said, motioning to Darby.

"Aaanndddd that's Kameron, our vet." She said, motioning to Kam, "We knows Daisy already took a quick look at Lazarus, but he's going to take a second look at him just to make sure that he's all good and that she didn't miss anything." She said.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:29 am

Kameron smiled and followed Daisy and David. "Hi everyone, " he said to the horses, seeing Wonder and Emile back off. Chuckling, he shook his head. Hearing Sam's name, he waved in greeting to Henry before focusing on his own task

Prince snorted, sniffing Lazarus in greeting. "Nice to meet you," he nickered, before turning his head to Henry, getting his scent from his hand before licking it.

Darby smiled. "Nice to meet you Henry, " Darby replied, smiling.

S'more and Winter crowded the fence line, bickering softly.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Bec on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:55 am

At the warm tongue, Henry cocked his head to the side. A puzzled look came across his face as he stared at the colt, unsure what to do now that his hand was wet and cooling from a gentle breeze. Snapping himself back to human interaction, he chuckled, wiping away the saliva on his tank. "Thanks, odd boy."

Turning to face Darby, he gave a small wave akin to an informal salute. "Nice to meet you as well."

Reaching his hands far above his head, Henry stretched himself into a yawn, looking around as it came to an end. "Well, what would you have me do now, boss-lady?" He smiled at Sam, wanting to show off his worth ethic to his boss now that she was actually around.

----

Laz snorted in greeting, turning lazily and walking towards the two humans that had entered the pasture. Lowering his head, he stretching his neck forward to press his nose against David's hand, allowing him ease of access to equip the halter.

"Have fun out there without me, Emile. I'm sure I'll be back later." He said, eyeing the stallion as he retreated iinto the grass.
Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Sam laughed a little as Prince licked Henry's hand, giving the colt a pat on the neck.

"Guess that means he likes you!" She chuckled, watching Henry wipe the saliva on his top.

"Well, I dunno about everyone else here, but I could sure use a break after that race and all that traveling! How about we all take a nice, long, relaxing trail ride followed by a nice picnic by a lake or on a hill in a little bit? To celebrate all our hard work and Prince and Darby's victory! I think some of the horses could use the exercise, too!" She replied, not just asking him, but everyone else, too. Of course, she would need time to make everyone sandwiches and pack everyone some drinks and snacks and things, but that would be easy enough.

"That sounds absolutely wonderful. It's been a long time since I've been in the saddle, I could use a good ride." Mark replied with a stretch of his own, a few pops coming from his shoulder and back.

"... you okay?" She asked, staring at him. He stared back at her for a moment.

"... yeah. Why?" He asked.

"... we're old, Mark." She stated.

"WHA- WHOA WAIT WHAT EXCUSE ME I AM NOT OLD I AM THE PICTURE OF YOUTH THANK YOU." He said, pretending to be offended.

"Mhm. Keep telling yourself that." She said with a laugh, giving him a pat on the shoulder before leading Prince over to Emile's paddock. She lead him inside, closing the gate behind her, slipping off his halter and letting him free.

"Enjoy your time off, buddy." She said with a pat on the shoulder and a smile.

++++++++++

David gave the large stallion a soft pat.

"Such a good boy. Unlike some of the other horses in this pasture." He said, turning and watching Emile and Wonder walk off. Internally he gave a sigh. If only all the horses here were as good, kind, well-behaved, and well-mannered as Lazarus. Normally Wonder was pretty good and a sweetheart as well, but Emile was her man. Of course she was prone to follow him, which sometimes caused problems whenever they needed to catch her. As, unless it was Darby, it was typical of Emile to run clear across the pasture if he thought someone was coming for him or Wonder.

Emile stopped ad turned his head back, not only toward Lazarus, but also towards the humans. He could still hear their conversation well enough.

"Looks like we all might be going out in a second." He replied to the other stallion with a snort, picking up his pace as he made his way back to his small group of mares. He only had five, six including Wonder. Nothing huge or overwhelming, just a small little harem to keep him happy. He bred with them about every other year or so, with the mares being treated with cycle suppressant on the off years. Neither Sam or Mark favored the idea of breeding the mares every single year, instead preferring to give them the following year off and allowing the mares to focus on the babies that they already had. It also ensures that Emile's line was never over-produced, and they weren't overrun by young, potentially extremely high-strung thoroughbreds that needed training.

David slipped on Laz's halter, clipping it in place before turning and starting to head out of the pasture.

"A ride sounds fantastic. I don't think any of us have been out in awhile, huh?" He said as he passed Sam on the way out of the pasture. She shook her head, closing the gate behind him and the draft horse. David brought Laz inside, looking him up to some crossties so Kam could take a good look at him.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized