Run or Be Caught [New/Time Skip]

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Run or Be Caught [New/Time Skip]

Post  BrightDays on Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:38 pm

Prince snorted and followed Sam over to his father's paddock. Nodding in greeting to his father, he walked slowly into the paddock, making sure he was away from everyone else before rolling. Getting back to his hooves, he shook his coat and glanced at all the mares, tail flicking.

Wonder snorted. "As long as you come, I'd be fine with it," she murmured to Emile.

"So what horses do you want to use Sam?" Daisy asked, laughing at Mark and Sam, nodding at the idea of the trail ride.

Kameron chuckled. "We are getting older each day Mark," he replied, following David back to the barn. "Didn't the twins just turn 18 recently?" he pointed out.

Winter snorted, her head hanging over the fence neighing for attention, S'more following suit.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Bec on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Picnic?

The word took a moment to process, sinking deep into Henry's soul as a grin sprouted wide from his lips.

"That. Sounds. Wonderful!" He laughed heartily at the two elderly folks' playful jabs at one another, holding back just barely from dancing in place. It was the place. It was the time. He was going to get food! Good food! Natural food! Non-processed food? Who cares; it was FOOD. Made by a bunch of lovely people in a lovely place, surrounded by some lovely animals. He couldn't wait to go!

"Will you need any help prepping the food? I'd be more than happy to donate my sandwich-making services to the cause."

---

Laz glanced to either side of the crossties, snorting softly. Relaxing his neck, he let his eyes drift closed. Now would be as good a time as any for a nap while he waited on his checkup.
Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:48 pm

Sam turned to Henry when he spoke, a grin coming across her own face. He tried to hide it, but she could see he was super excited and happy about the prospect of the nice relaxing ride and the beautiful picnic they were going to have.

"Sure, if you would like! Then we could leave in half the time, depending on how good Sam, Daisy, Darby, and Mark are at catching the rest of the horses." She laughed. Grooming and tacking up wasn't so much of a problem as was getting all the horses. Some of them would be eager to stretch their legs and stimulate their minds with actual work, even if it was just a leisurely trail ride. Others, however... not so much. She turned to Daisy.

"I figure Henry will be on Laz of course, unless he wants to ride someone else, Darby on Emile if she wants, Mark, I assume you'll be taking Chilled?" She looked at the man as she asked. He gave a nod, "Yeah, I'll take Chilled."

"I'll take Delirium. That leaves Apathy, Wonder, and Jayli for you, David, and Kameron, if he's coming. Are you coming with us Kam?" She asked.

"I'll take whoever, doesn't matter to me." David said with a shrug. He didn't own a horse so he didn't have anyone specific to ride, and all three were great horses that would amount to a lovely time. He knew someone had to end up taking Wonder though, or else Emile would throw a fit. That was a given. He also began to wonder if their dad were perhaps going to allow them horses of their own. Their 18th birthday had recently just passed, and other than cards, he had really done much to celebrate their birthday. Then again, they were young adults now... perhaps they were just too old for such things anymore. But 18 was a big milestone.

++++++++++

"Ugh, don't remind me." Mark said to Kam with a shake of his head. He then gave a nod to answer his question.

++++++++++

"Hello Prince." Emile greeted his son as he was let loose into the paddock.

"Yeah, but I would rather not at all." He huffed in response to Wonder.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you're looking for me you are most likely to find me on:
Or mmmaayybbeee:

Indomita [Agentized #16] [Site Moderator]
Tumblr [agentized.tumblr.com]
Deviant Art [agentized.deviantart.com]
Twitter [twitter.com/Agentized]
YouTube [youtube.com/user/Agentized]
Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

http://riftedwriting.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Daisy smiled. "I'll take Wonder, or we'll never get Emile out," she chuckled. "Come on David, why don't we start rounding up
----------------
Kameron glanced at his watch and nodded. "I'll come, and I'll take Jayli," he replied. "We do have S'more also, she'd enjoy getting out for a bit," he reminded Sam. Kameron chuckled. "Have anything special planned for them?" he asked Mark quietly. "I know Daisy is interested in being a vet, and she does have the skills for it," he murmured. "I can sponsor her and get her into one that's in California," he murmured quietly.
-------------------
Darby smiled. "That's fine, don't think he'd allow anyone besides Mark or me to ride him," she laughed, nodding at Daisy. "Let's go, come on Mark we're going to be busy with catching the horses as it is," she laughed.
----------
Wonder snorted. "I wouldn't mind going, and it will get our minds moving a bit more," she nickered.
----------
Prince turned to his father. "Hello Dad," he nickered, greeting him respectfully.
---------
S'more snorted and tossed her head. Blinking her eyes, she had grown into a nice looking quarter horse. Tail flicking she finished rolling in mud and stood up walking over to the fence and nickering, wondering where everyone was.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Bec on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:33 am

"I would love to, it'll give us a chance to get to know one another at least." Henry said, cracking a smile of contentment at the sentiment. "And, yes. I would love to take Laz, unless anyone else wanted to give him a ride."

His bosses back in the city had never been quite so nice before; if they were lined up in chronological order they could be described as: jackass, jackass, cheapskate, slacker, jackass, oh god don't even remind him of the HOTDOG incident with this guy, health risk, jackass aaaaand jackass. Yup! That was about it. This was probably the first time he'd ever felt he could be friends with a superior of his; it felt good.

Turning on his heel, as he now had nothing to do with the conversation, he headed on out towards the office building. He knew where the food was, and figured he could find basic picnic ingredients and set them out on the counter on his own whilst Sam was still discussing riding plans with the others. He went ahead and did exactly that.
Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Sam smiled and nodded at Henry in agreement. While she of course knew somewhat of his past-- mostly about the "crime" that he committed that was the reason he came here-- she didn't think he seemed like all that bad of a guy. He had a great work ethic, was very helpful, nice, he even seemed excitable with an interest and love for animals. Honestly... he fit right in with their little group.

"Oh yeah, that's right, S'more..." She was reminded.

"Well, I could take S'more, and pony Apathy so she could carry all the food and stuff for the picnic. I'm sure she wouldn't mind kinda being our pack mule." David suggested.

"That's a good idea." Sam said with nod.

"Alright, it's settled then!" She said with a smile, "I'll be helping Henry with the sandwiches if you need me." She said, before heading off toward the office. When she had entered, he had already take out everything and had it all laid out on the counter.

"Okay... let's start making these sandwiches, yeah?" She said with a smile, looking over at him. They would need at least seven, plus some other food, snacks, and drinks. She hoped she had enough, or she might have to run out to the store real quick to get some more. She got to work making the sandwiches.

"So... tell me more about yourself?" She asked, wanting to know more about her newest employee.

Meanwhile, David gave a nod to his sister, heading out to the paddocks to catch all the horses. Thankfully, S'more and Apathy weren't usually all that hard to catch. Which was surprising on Apathy's part considering she was one of Emile's foals, but a pleasant surprise nonetheless. Grabbing both the mare's halters and leads, he entered the paddock with the halters slung over his shoulder. Making sure to close and secure the gate behind him just in case, he took a few steps into the paddock. Apathy needed no further prompting to walk up to him and greet him, allowing the human to easily slip the halter over her head and secure it, before clipping on the lead.

"S'more, c'mere girl!" David called to the gorgeous Quarter Horse mare, hoping that she might come at his call instead of having to catch her, and that Apathy would create a sort of draw with the other mare.

"Over here S'more." Apathy nickered to the other mare.

Mark gave a nod and a smile, beginning to head toward the paddock but stopping to talk further with Kameron.

"Yeah, she seems to really enjoy vet work, and she loves working under you. If you could sponsor her... that would be fantastic, Kam. She and I would greatly appreciate it. She's been looking at it for a little while now, vet school, so I think sending her would be the perfect gift. As for David, well, he's been wanting a horse of his own for awhile now. I think it's time he got one." Mark said to Kameron, keeping his voice quiet so the twins wouldn't hear.

"Alright, I need to go help catch some of the horses, but I would love to talk more about it with you later, since the whole vet thing... I mean, I'm no vet, of course." He said with a small laugh, before heading toward Chilled and Delirium's paddock. While both were stallions, they seemed to get along very nicely with one another, and could be seen casually grooming one another in the center of the paddock. Spotting Mark heading their way, grabbing their halters and leads off the post beside the gate, Chilled headed his way. However, Delirium laid his ears back against his skull, heading in the opposite direction from the gate.

"Oh, c'mon, don't be that way Delirium. Make this easy on me, will ya boy?" Mark said with a small chuckle and a shake of his head. It was typical of the Andalusian stallion to do, like it was for Emile. He was used to it. Thankfully, Chilled was an easy catch, and once he got Chilled, it was usually pretty easy to catch Delirium from there. Having both stallions, he exited the paddock, heading back to the barn to hook them up and begin grooming and tacking them up. He left Emile and Wonder to Darby and Daisy, sure they could do it without needing his help. Emile would likely be an easy catch for Darby, and Wonder would likely be an easy catch.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:39 pm

S'more snorted at David's call, ears pricked forward. Seeing her halter, she nickered and ran over to David, sliding to a stop before she reached him. "Wonder what's going on," she nickered, nudging the boy.
---------
Daisy meanwhile entered the paddock with Darby. "Wonder, come here girl!" she called, smiling as the mare came to her. Putting the mare's halter, she watched Darby making sure Emile would come.
-------
Wonder snorted, tossing her head as Daisy called her. Trotting over to her girl, she nudged her, clearly eager to get out. "Come on Emile, it'll be fun!" she nickered.
--------
Darby followed Daisy, before glancing at Emile. "This may take a bit," she laughed. "Come on Emile!" she called, walking over to him.
---------
Kameron nodded. "I'll call in the morning," he murmured, before going to look at Laz. "Can someone catch Jayli?" He called to the ones leaving.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Bec on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 pm

"More about me?"

Pondering visibly as he tapped his chin, he tried his best to think of non-damning qualities and facts about himself. Snap! Continuing his assembly of the sandwich he was working on, you could hear his smile through his words as he began to explain himself.

"Well, I was born and raised in the city I moved from. My mother is a police officer, dad's not in the picture. My uncles own a ranch that I used to work at every summer; where I got Laz. They gave him to me as a goodbye gift. My favorite colors are warm, I dislike the texture of cottage cheese, and despite what you know about my record I assure you that my morals are as strong as an oak. Other than that, I think you'd need to actually ask me for more information. I'm not great at coming up with things on the spot. Now! How about you, what makes a Sam... a Sam?"

------

Laz's ears twitched as he heard someone approaching, lazily opening one eye to identify the intruder. Scenting the air, he snorted, letting his eye droop closed and his ears drop back into a relaxed position once more.
Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:34 pm

"Whoa, easy there girl." David said with a small chuckle, slipping the mare's halter on and clipping it into place. He then clipped on the lead, halting a moment to listen and respond to Kameron.

"I'm not sure, but whatever it is, looks like a lot of the others are going." Apathy commented as she waited for David to begin moving.

"Sure, I'll grab her for you." David called back to Kameron, leading both mares out of the paddock and into the barn, clipping them both to crossties before heading out to Jayli's paddock. Picking up her halter in a similar fashion, he entered the paddock.

"Jayli! C'mere pretty girl!" He called to the dappled grey Arabian mare, hoping she might be as easy to catch as S'more and Apathy were.

"We've seen these trails a thousand times. Nothing fun about that." Emile said with a snort, slightly turning away as Darby came toward him, as if he might start walking away at any moment. However, he remained in place for the time being.

Meanwhile, Mark was busy in the barn beginning to groom all the horses, starting off with S'more since she was the dirtiest.

"Looks like you just rolled in mud, huh girl?" He asked with a laugh and a soft pat. Everyone else seemed relatively clean and an easy groom.

Sam watched him as she continued making the sandwiches, giving a small nod as he talked.

"You seem like a good guy. I mean, I know we just kinda met so I guess that I can't accurately judge, but... from what I have seen, you don't look or act like a bad person to me. We've had a couple bad apples come through here, but... well, I reckon you're not one of them." She complimented, before giving another smile and thoughtful nod herself.

"Well, I understand that feeling well enough, not that you've put me on the spot!" She laughed, "Well... I was born and raised in Montana, myself. My mom and dad owned a very small horse farm a few hours from here. As my parents and I got older, we couldn't really afford to keep the farm. Or, well, all the horses, I should say. Too much money, and they needed too much care. Care that my parents, in their old age, couldn't give them on their own, and not enough money to afford having employed people look after them. I would have loved to have looked after the horses myself but... I needed money, and worked a day job. My parents ultimately made the decision to sell all the horses except for one. A special filly, a little blue roan overo sabino Thoroughbred, that I called Sheila. My parents said she was mine if I wanted her, to do with as I pleased, but that if I took her she was to be entirely my responsibility. I had to take care of her, train her, they would house her on the farm, but I would be paying for vet and farrier care, hay, everything she needed. I had said ok. I would take her. I worked my butt off every day, day in and day out. On work days, I would wake up at 4 in the morning to go to the barn, be there by 5, be at work by 6, get back to the barn at 6 at night, and work with her for anywhere between 1 and 3 hours. I would be home by 10 PM, and asleep by 11. Rinse and repeat. On my days off, I would be at the barn upwards of 14 hours a day, working with her. Eventually I was able to show her, at the time it was just for fun and nothing more. But eventually... those shows became our career. They paid out far better than my paycheck ever could, and I enjoyed it far more than I ever enjoyed my job. So I quit, and put all my hours in with her at the barn. And... it paid off. Obviously, we were never something super amazing. We never went to the Olympics or anything that major. Maybe a few Rolex or international comps at best. But... she got me far enough to be able to afford this farm and begin a career breeding and training horses; my dream since I was just a wee little girl. And then... I was lucky enough to get Emile, and to stumble across Darby. And because of that, I stumbled across Mark again; a guy I went to school with, and whose family has owned a famous and champion-producing stable for decades-- and he was more than willing to lend me a helping hand when I needed it most. I guess that you could say that Sam... is just lucky." She gave a small laugh.

"Her favorite colour is red, her lucky number is 6, and spiders are the most detestable things on this planet." She chuckled, adding in random bits of info. She didn't really know exactly what to say, so she just spewed things out. She felt she could trust him enough to tell him things.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightDays on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:23 am

S'more nickered, tail flicking out at flies. Sighing in content, she dropped her head down, starting to relax.
-------
Jayli glanced up, hearing David. Blinking at the boy she walked over quietly, nudging him.
------
"Come on Emile, don't make this difficult," Darby sighed, trying to block his drive line as she approached him.
-----
Kameron smiled at Laz "Hey handsome boy," the vet murmured."Can I look at you to make sure you're healthy?" He asked, letting the stallion sniff his hand to get his scent.

Click please?
my pokefarmq
BrightDays

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum