A Pickley Pickle

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Pickley Pickle

Post  Bec on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:59 pm

Accompanying the wind was a waking chill. Washing upon the young rebel’s cheeks, it snagged her carelessly away from her midday nap.

Rubbing sleep from her eyes, she let out a yawn and a stretch before surveying the area. Some of her family’s colorful cast of characters were up and about, doing miscellaneous things around the camp, though for the most part it was empty.

Looking to the forest roof above, slivers of sunlight shone through the leaves to peer upon her face; being snaked in every which direction with loud rustles as the breeze intensified.

She rose, dusting off her clothes and heading to her cabin’s nearby weapons rack, picking up a bow and small quiver of arrows on her way out. Motioning a wave to Emile, she murmured, “There’s not enough sunlight here,” and she was on her way.

It was a near certainty that he’d follow suit, in fact it was so certain that she’d purposefully motioned to catch his attention so that he wouldn’t realize she was gone later and track her down. Perhaps, when phrased that way, it sounds bad. It isn’t, though. Spoon enjoyed his company for sure.

She’d likely head towards the nearby village, to see where Triton was. Truly, she wasn’t sure what she was wanting to do yet. Triton would probably end up being involved in her excursion somehow or another; he always managed to know when she was out and about. That settled it, then. She was going to sunbathe on that big hill to the west, and if she caught wind of some wild herds she’d make an attempt for a joyride.

Now that sounded like a good way to spend an afternoon.

Last edited by Bec on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Bec

Back to top Go down

Re: A Pickley Pickle

Post  Agentized on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:11 pm

While the wind brushed gently across the young girl's cheeks as she napped at the leisure of the slowly waning day, it soon caught the fur of the large wolf creature lazing in the few tufts of grass and the sea of the soil surrounding them. He almost seemed to melt in with the shadows of the oaks and pines covering them from the warm rays of the sun, his black pelt blending in all too perfectly with the dimmed lighting provided by the cover of the forest. His silver eyes shone from the darkness, stark in contrast, all-observing as he watched the commotion in the area. All the while, the few beams of sunlight that managed to break through the dense foliage danced off his back and on his paws and face, revealing the bit of white fur that did cover his body-- in this particularly setting, it was difficult to see the white on his feet, stomach, and tail.

The wolf-creature was wide awake. Alert. Nearly unmoving, other than the occasional flick of an ear and the darting of his eyes from one person to the next. He watched David as he worked to gather some logs. An ear swivelled just the tiniest bit as his eyes moved to catch Wolffe and Roman having a quiet argument about who made the better hunter. Meanwhile, Rook was heading out to go get some supplies. From his position, he could see almost everyone that was still in the camp. Except for one. From time to time, his head would turn, just slightly, to check at the girl some fifteen odd feet to his left. He was just about to check on her again when he heard her rise.

Emile didn't move at first, his platinum eyes following her as she went over to the wooden weapon rack, grabbing a bow and a quiver of arrows to go along with it. Seeing her motion to him as she began to leave, he needed no further prompting to follow. With a jump to his paws, he picked up a quick trot to catch up to her. When he reached her side, he slowed to a walk, letting the silence of the forest take them for a moment.

"Have you ever considered asking your father if he might get you a horse one of these days? I know we're not as far as we could be from these villages, but... surely it would be far faster and far safer to be on horseback." He finally broke the silence, lifting his gaze to her face as he sought her response.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you're looking for me you are most likely to find me on:
Or mmmaayybbeee:

Indomita [Agentized #16] [Site Moderator]
Tumblr [agentized.tumblr.com]
Deviant Art [agentized.deviantart.com]
Twitter [twitter.com/Agentized]
YouTube [youtube.com/user/Agentized]
Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

http://riftedwriting.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post  Bec on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:39 pm

Giggles rose up from her throat at the wolf’s suggestion, she waved a dismissive hand.

“We’re not going to the village today. Besides, what’s the point in endurance and speed training if I’m just going to make an animal do all the work for me?”

Shooting him a smile, she held up her arms and flexed her muscles proudly. “Now, it’s nothing compared to yours, but I’m rather pleased with how they’re progressing. What does that have to do with my speed? Nothing, but I’m not going to stop walking to pull up my pants and flaunt my calf muscles. You'll just have to trust they're there.”

A firm ’smack!’ to her face and she was laughing. It was for the best that she wasn’t as serious as her parents; probably from being babysat frequently by the more eccentric members of their rebellion. Her grin stretched from ear to ear as she looked to her canine companion.

“If there’s still some daylight left when I’m done soaking up the sun, maybe you can help me track some down. That is, if you’d really like to remedy my horselessness.”

She shifted their direction westward, picking up the pace to a light jog.
Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:30 pm

He cocked his head to the side, perplexed at the hilarity she seemed to find in his suggestion.

"Well--" He had started to speak to answer, but stopped to let her wrap up her thought. With a glance to her arm as she flexed her... well, relatively small muscles, he couldn't help as a small, amused grin came upon his wolfy lips.

"Hm, yeah, I'll trust that those calf muscles are there, alright." He retorted back to her with the slightest bit of sarcasm lacing his voice, clearly teasing her in his usual manner. There was a small, soft chuckle under his breath following the brief exchange of words, diverting his gaze back to the untrodden path ahead of them.

"Oh, so I'm a horse herder now, am I? First your father got me rounding up sheep for him like a sheepdog, then later some cows like some sort of cowdog, and now I'm a horsedog? I see how it is." He feigned offense at her request, only managing to hold it for mere seconds before letting out a very small laugh.

"Of course I'll help."

As she shifted her direction, so did he, picking up a trot to keep up with her.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  Bec on Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:48 pm

“Yes, yes. But you’re a very good horsedog.” Spoon smiled, glancing over at her companion. “Thank you, Emile. I appreciate it.”

Wrapping up the exchange, the rebel girl kicked into high gear and began her sprint towards the hill. About twenty minutes of this pace had passed by the time she finally got to her destination.

“Finally.” she huffed, slowing to drag herself lazily up the slant of the land. She plopped herself down atop the plush green. Stretching herself out in a manner akin to that of a cat, she was finally content.

“You know, Emile, this is my favorite spot. I bet it’s different for you.” Rolling to her side, she caught eye contact with him. “I can’t imagine what it’s like to have thick fur like you. I’m sure you prefer the cool of the trees. At least you really don’t need winter clothes; I’m sure you’d spend an entire season in that form if given the chance.”

She smiled, trying to recount the longest she’d ever known him to stay in his lycan form without change. There had been times she’d forgotten he even had a human form to begin with. He seemed much more comfortable that way, and that was just fine. Some, she supposed, were simply born to be anything other than human. It was too bad, humans were the most boring of the races inhabiting Valkaria.
Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:59 am

Emile let that be the conclusion of the present conversation, breaking out into a run after her. Most of their minutes were spent in silence until they reached the familiar hill. He trotted up the slant after her, pausing at the top to lie down in the soft grass next to young rebel. Promptly thereafter he slacked his jaw, tongue very slightly lolling in a light pant from the warm sun. An ear flicked to catch her voice, his head soon following as his silver eyes met hers.

"Well... it's true. This form is more native to me than any human one. But, that doesn't mean I like this spot any less." He replied, a smile tugging subtly on his lips. There was a vague swooshing sound as the grass began to move and part from side to side in the wake of his thick, bushy tail. Yes, perhaps the rays from the sun were a bit too warm today for his taste, but he was still happy and content with the current moment. There was nothing at present that he would rather be doing than being in his favorite spot with his favorite person. That was enough for him. It sure beat dealing with other humans, even if they didn't know what he was. His humans were the only ones he was really all that fond of. All the others humans that knew the full extent of what he was had called him things, or chased him away, and others had even try to kill him in varying, horrible ways. It was far, far easier to simply stay as a wolf, live the part, and stick by his humans.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  Bec on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:57 am

Small, a smile crept its way unto her lips as she watched him pant in the sun. He truly was an animal. She wondered how it felt.

“Well, if it gets too hot, we can move. Alternatively, I haven’t noticed anyone nearby.”

He’d glean her meaning from that, but she wouldn’t push it any further; after all, his wolf form tended to keep certain humans at bay, and she appreciated that. She just didn’t want him overheating.

Rolling back to lay flat against the ground, she held a hand up to the sky to obscure the sun from her eyes as she watched the clouds roll on.

“In the future; do you think we’ll actually do it? The Crown I mean. Do you think our team with grow into a true organization, or that others will rise up as well? I can’t imagine how far away this must be. I’ll likely be in my twenties by then. Not that that’s too far away; I mean late twenties.”

She would be nineteen in just a couple months, not that it mattered too much to her. The only reason she had yet to move from her parents’ cabin was that the other vacant one hadn’t been cleaned and was mostly a storage unit now. She could go clean it out herself any, if she wanted, but she had a feeling Archaic prefered to keep a close eye on her as it was. With Triton coming around, what father wouldn’t want a wall between him and his daughter?

Either way; it’d been nineteen years that she’d been in this fight now. She was born into it. It felt like nothing had been accomplished in this entire time, the Crown was unchallenged even today. Two decades of this ruler — more even — and their entire rebellion was sitting at the bottom of a lake, planning.
Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:45 pm

"Don't move into the shade on my account. It's not everyday we get this nice of weather. Enjoy it." He closed his eyes, raising his head up a little bit to let the sun beat directly onto his face, seeming to relish the heat for a moment. A single lid then opened, looking over at her as she rolled onto her back and held up an arm to watch the passing clouds overhead without the rays beating directly into her eyes.

"Hm. I know what we have now doesn't look like much, and it's taken a very long time to even get to this point. But... we'll get there one day. We just need to keep building our cause, and have faith." He encouraged. It was true, it had taken them decades to even build up their small numbers, but there were others scattered around the world who openly opposed the rule of the Crown, and many more who despised the Crown but were too scared to fight back. They had already met up and recruited a few smaller groups, but others were far more difficult to get a hold of and convince. It would take time, patience, and perhaps a bit of money-- but if they could pull everyone together, they would truly stand a chance against the crowned royalty.

"Once we're large enough and we start really fighting back, others will realize they're not alone. It will catch on, and our numbers will grow." He seemed certain of this, as if it could be nothing other than fact.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized
Leader of Lupinterra

Back to top Go down

Post  Bec on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:17 pm

“Hmm…”

Her hand fell to the side, draping her forearm across her eyes.

“I suppose it’s a good thing. I shouldn’t really be asking for war. Times are harsh, but they’re peaceful. We’re at peace, anyway. When things begin… people are going to start dying. It’s all for a good cause but — our friends.”

She pushed herself up to sit, looking out at the world around them.

“But, it’s not time for that yet. I should be happy to wait for now and enjoy the quiet. That’s why I like this hill.”
Bec

Back to top Go down

Post  Agentized on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:35 pm

"Unfortunately... that's what war is. Good people will die... people who deserve it will die... war doesn't discriminate between the good and the bad, unfortunately. But it brings about new eras. Better eras. Sometimes... it's just necessary." His silver eyes looked to the blue sky and pale clouds wandering overhead. If only they could all be like the clouds and lazily drift through the atmosphere without a care in the world. Unfortunately... that wasn't how life works though.

"The quiet's nice, while it lasts. I suppose we should enjoy it while it's here." He replied, looking over at her with a slight smile.

Or mmmaayybbeee:

Skype [Agentized]
Steam [♀ Agentized ♀]

Origin [Agentized]

Discord [Agentized#2419]
Agentized